Transponder Terms & Conditions
This service provides a placeshifting (or “spaceshifting”) service via its online platform, to enable users to access and to control their own personally allocated and remotely situated reception apparatus on a one to one or exclusive basis. Transponder’s service using the Spaceshifting technology offers identical services to those offered by Slingbox, TV2Me, Sony's Location Free Player, HDHomeRun, and others instead employing advanced processes utilising cloud processing and IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) technology. Further information is available here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_shifting
In using these services, either as a subscriber or having registered for any trial of the service, you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions detailed herein and as supplemented or amended from time to time, of which due notice to all users will be provided.
Service to be provided
- Users will be provided with network connectivity and access to their own managed placeshifting facility from wherever they are, which will be pre-tuned from inception to the most popular free to air channels.
- The operation of such facilities is licensed where required in the United Kingdom, and responsibility for any licensing requirements within the territory in which the user is situated rests with each user.
- Access to such services will be made available to the designated account holder and those members of his/her household to which they may grant access. Simultaneous use of multiple IP addresses will be detected and the use of which will constitute grounds to summarily withdraw service.
- We do not and will not facilitate access to content which is encrypted or otherwise secured for commercial or the protection of rights.
- The use of this service is not permitted within the United Kingdom.
- The use of this service is not permitted in such areas where use may otherwise be restricted by regional law.
- The hosting and operation of reception apparatus within the United Kingdom is subject to national TV licensing legislation, with which we comply as per our obligations.
- UK TV licensing law does not apply to those residing outside of the national borders.
- Whereas we are unaware of any specific regional obligations arising from the use of placeshifting technology, it remains the user’s individual and personal responsibility to ensure that they fully comply with the law in the region in which they are situated.
- Data processing involves the collection, use, retention, handling and related actions of any information which could personally identify an individual user.
- No financial information is collected or stored by this website and related service. Payment processing (credit cards, banking information, etc) is handled by fully accredited independent specialists employing industry standard secure encryption. and to whom any individual enquiries should be addressed. Links to enable you to directly contact payment processors are provided for your convenience.
- We do not share any personal data with any third parties, neither do we retain any data that could identify the physical location of individual users.
- All users have the absolute right to view any personal data held on them relating to themselves, subject to our reasonable ability to confirm the eligibility of the person seeking access to such information. This is a necessary security precaution to protect the confidentiality of individual users.
- All users also have the right to correct any error or to request deletion of their account altogether (commonly known as the “right to be forgotten”) . However historical accounting records (e.g. invoices and receipts, but not credit card or bank details) and such other information that may be necessary for the prevention and detection of criminal or fraudulent activity, the civil recovery of debt or could affect the user’s eligibility to future service offers (e.g. trial access or discounted service) may be preserved.
- Services provided by this website fall into two categories, introductory subscriptions which are limited in nature and are offered for a trial period to first time users, and full subscriptions for those who have subscribed to the full range of services.
- Those who register for a trial subscription will receive a restricted service, which does not include reserved channel capacity and service may occasionally therefore suffer from network congestion according to demand. This does not generally apply to those who subscribe to the full service, who are allocated guaranteed network bandwidth and should always experience a more reliable service at all times.
- There may be other restrictions in place from time to time, including limitations which may be imposed by third parties such as our associated cloud recording providers. This is not a matter over which we have any control.
- We cannot guarantee broadcast availability, which may from time to time be affected temporarily by extreme weather conditions, power cuts, technical failure on the part of the broadcaster concerned or other unforeseeable circumstances.
- Similarly, we obviously cannot control the content of broadcasts or the suitability of any particular content for any specific category of audience. Users are asked to bear particular attention to the suitability of content accessible by children, as would be expected of any adult responsible for their supervision and protection.
- For the reasons above, all users must be of 18 years of age or older, or otherwise accompanied by a responsible adult when accessing content over which we have no control.
- It is obviously our hope that we meet or ideally exceed your expectations of us.
- There are many factors that affect the delivery of satisfactory services, and not all of those lie within our control.
- It is important to our relationship with users and their relationship with ourselves that problems are speedily resolved. However we reserve the right to summarily withdraw service in the event that users do not cooperate in resolving any issues or resort to public disparagement of our services on forums or through social media without giving reasonable opportunity to resolve any problems and providing opportunity for our response.
- A poor internet service in the user’s area is one cause of problems, another is limited or overcrowded wi-fi availability (too many users on the same domestic network sharing one individual internet connection), other people streaming or gaming within the same household, changes in policy by local ISPs or reliance on sometimes unreliable 3G/4G services.
- The quality of the display of the placeshifted TV channels may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as the location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of the Internet connection. The minimum connection speed for reliable SD quality is 2 Mbps. HD availability is subject to the Internet service and device capabilities. Not all TV channels are available in HD and not all subscription plans allow you to receive HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better.
- Note that you are responsible for all Internet access charges, including roaming and other charges on 3G/4G.
- Please check with your Internet provider for information. The purpose in offering a first time free trial is to enable users to both try out the service on offer without commitment and to test out for themselves the capacity of their equipment and their local network conditions to ensure satisfactory operation in their location. We urge all users to take full advantage of any free trial, and to ensure that they are satisfied before entering into any financial commitments.
Changes to the Service
- We may update the Service from time to time and may change the content or services provided at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Service may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that the Service, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Accessing the service where provided and on a discretionary basis, Transponder FREE Service is made available without charge. We do not guarantee that the Service, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- Access to the Service is permitted on a temporary and discretionary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Service without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
- The Transponder membership may start with a trial. The Trial Period of the membership lasts for a set amount of days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members to try the service before committing to any subscription.
- The Transponder membership service will continue week-to-week/month-to-month/year-to-year (depeding on your chosen subscription) until terminated. Unless you cancel the membership before the weekly/monthly/annual renewal date, you authorize us to charge the next week/month/year's membership fee to the Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below).
- To use the Transponder service you must have Internet access and a Transponder Supported Device, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method").
- You can find specific details regarding the membership with Transponder by visiting the website and clicking on the "My Account" link available at the top of the pages of the www.Transponder.tv website (the “Transponder Website”).
- Not all channels are available during the free trial period.
- Billing Cycle: The membership fee for the service will be billed in advance on a weekly/monthly/annual basis (depeding on your chosen subscription) to the Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paid membership. In some cases, the timing of the billing may change, for example, if the Payment Method has not successfully settled. Visit the Transponder Website and click on the "Billing " link on the "My Account" page to see the next payment date.
- Payment Methods. You can change the Payment Method by visiting the Transponder Website and clicking on the "My Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change the Payment Method or cancel the account, we may suspend the access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to the payment billing dates, and/or collection of unpaid amounts upon cancellation of subscription. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of the Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges.
- Cancellation: You can cancel the Transponder membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the service through to the end of the current billing period, except if you are in the Trial Period, in which case we may end the access to the service immediately. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched TV channels. To cancel, go to the "My Account" page on the Transponder Website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel the membership, the account will automatically close at the end of the current billing period. If any unpaid debt remains upon cancellation this will be collected as per the Payment Method terms defined above. To see when the account will close, click "Billing " on the "My Account" page. If you signed up for Transponder using the account with a third party (for example, using an online store or retailer ) as a Payment Method and wish to cancel the Transponder membership at any time, including during the Trial Period, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting the account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the Transponder service through that third party. You may also find billing information about the Transponder membership by visiting the account with the applicable third party.
- Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change the service plans and the price of the service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to the service plans will apply to you no earlier than 1 month following email notice to you.
- All Transponder software is developed by, or for, Transponder and is designed to enable spaceshifting of your content from Transponder through Transponder Supported Devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices.
- You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you will automatically receive updated versions of the Transponder and related third-party software.
Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the Transponder account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the Transponder account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should not reveal the password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last few digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to the account.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing the information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft.
- Always access the sensitive account information by going directly to the Transponder Website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official.
- We can terminate the account or place the account on hold to protect you, Transponder or the partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- If the Transponder Supported Device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the Transponder Supported Device. If you fail to log out or deactivate the device, subsequent users may access the Transponder service through the account and may be able to access certain of the account information and for which you may still be charged.
- To deactivate a device, follow the instructions on the "My Account" page.
- Transponder does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for TV channels.
- To find more information about the service and its features or if you need assistance with the account, please visit the Transponder Help Center on the website (www.Transponder.tv/faq) or utilise the online chat system to chat with a live advisor.
- If you feel that the online chat team have not been able to resolve your issue and they have not already converted your chat into a support system ticket then you can email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and this will go into a ticket system where support staff will reply to you.
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of the website, these Terms and Conditions will take preference.
Limitations of Liability
- Trial users are provided with service subject to limitations and on an “as is” basis.
- Subscribers are provided with a package that may include an element of storage capacity provided by third party cloud storage providers.
- We do not accept liability for failed, corrupted or inaccessible recordings or alterations to schedule or any misdescription of content on the part of the broadcaster.
- Liability in any event is limited to the amount paid, one week in the case of weekly subscriptions, one month in the case of monthly subscriptions, 12 months in the case of annual subscribers, net of any discounted or used period.
Withdrawal of Service
We reserve the right to summarily withdraw service at any time in the event of
- Fraudulent financial activity or persistent payment irregularity (including non payment)
- Any suspected commercial or other infringing use, including the loan, sale or rental of any content accessed through use of this service.
- Disparagement on any public forum, social networking site or other such service which, in our sole opinion, is calculated to cause reputational damage, technical disruption or economic harm to this service (including publication of any security flaws, sharing of login details or work-arounds, etc).
Such withdrawal being without prejudice to our rights to pursue other remedies.
- If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable term or clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the Clause will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant Clause will be deemed to be deleted).
- This agreement forms a contract between the User and Ourselves and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, whose exclusive jurisdiction will apply in the event of any dispute.